Events Manager 🎪
Data-driven, human-inspired content.
Location: Cheltenham with the ability to work flexibly from office/home.
Who & What are we?
We are a multi award winning, data driven, content agency that’s growing fast providing scalable, measurable results for brands navigating ever changing platforms. We think every business deserves smart-thinking, human, targeted content that unlocks possibilities and delivering game-changing results shouldn’t be reserved for the über-brands. And why shouldn’t any brand demand ‘wow’ from their content… whether that’s production, engagement, influencer, unlocking ‘always on’ or discovering new platforms and audiences. We do all of this with our “No Nonsense” process. No smoke, no mirrors, just content that works.
Recently listed in the top 100 places to work, we have offices in London, Manchester and Cheltenham, and we offer a hybrid (and dog friendly) working environment, all we ask is that you’re able to access one of the offices when needed.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected and included. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities and lived experiences.
You might not think that you have all the skills or experience required for this role, but if you like the sound of us please apply anyway as we prioritise culture fit and ambition just as much as what you know already. After all, knowledge gaps can be filled, but you can’t teach personality & attitude.
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team to meet an increased demand for virtual, hybrid and live corporate events. We are looking for someone who can own this role and knows the ins and outs of corporate events & agency with 3+ years experience.
You’ll be ambitious, full of drive and as excited about coming up with a creative approach to each project, as you are about the clear and detailed plan for delivering it. You will be responsible for end-to-end planning and delivery of corporate conferences, awards, meetings and brand events.
This role requires an exceptional level of client service by pre-empting and managing client requirements, internal resources, working with our suppliers, delivering successful projects whilst maintaining a profitable service and going the extra mile in representing our business.
We launched our events team in 2022 and have a small but growing team who work in conjunction with our production team. This gives a real opportunity for development and to steer the growth of our team, but also means that the role is multi-faceted, and you will need to be willing to flex to the requirements of our clients. The role would suit someone with a background in running corporate events in an agency environment.
- Provide end-to-end event management of live, virtual and hybrid events. Taking ownership of client communication, delivering all production elements as required on budget.
- Manage multiple events and consistently delivering to an excellent standard.
- Produce detailed project plans and briefs, assigning actions and deadlines both for internal and client use.
- Keep accurate and precise records of communication, including setting agendas, meeting minutes with actions, email communication and other suitable information specific to clients and/ or projects.
- Manage event timelines, deadlines and budgets across different locations.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors, suppliers and entertainment.
- Manage and implement guest registration systems.
- Manage award nomination processes and coordinate with judging panels.
- Create and review risk assessments and method statements for venues, crew & guests.
- Manage sponsors from onboarding to event date.
- Work with our in-house team to manage and produce production and design elements.
- For live events overseeing and managing delegate logistics including pre & post communications, onsite registration, signposting and general delegate assistance.
- Coordinate with speakers/entertainment and issue packs and guidelines, collecting in presentations, bios and photos, etc.
- Coordinate with venues for timings, catering requirements and vendors, set ups and fit outs, floor plans, payments and negotiate contracts.
- Coordinate exhibitors including creating sales and logistics packs, coordination of floor plans and spaces, collecting any relevant information and documents, deliveries, main point of contact for exhibit lead.
- Onsite event management including coordinating crew, checking in guests and venue contact liaison.
- Book travel and accommodation for crew and guests if required.
- Take ownership and actively managing assigned budgets, influencing and negotiating with internal and external parties.
- Raise purchase orders and adhere to invoice and purchasing processes.
- Undertake full event reconciliation reporting.
- Manage the post-production, including structure de-briefs both internally and externally.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years in events and conferencing, preferably in an agency environment with a proven track record of delivering corporate events.
- Preferably have experience delivering virtual and hybrid events.
- Customer-centric approach to delivery.
- Meticulous planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients.
- Confident in own abilities and be able to proactively influence clients and manage their expectations.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Seriously high level attention to detail and accuracy.
- Desire to be challenged and open to feedback.
- Able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Use initiative to manage workload.
- A problem-solver who is proactive, driven, and ultra-organised.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
- Punctual and willing to work hours as required on-location to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Sense of humour.
What’s in it for you?
- Clear progression, training, development & career planning
- Company annual profit share scheme.
- Dog friendly offices.
- Flexi-Working & Flexi-Hours with 2 days in office each week.
- Fantastic, friendly, close-knit team.
- Monthly Recognition Scheme.Annual awards.
- 3, 5 & 10 year anniversary awards & additional annual leave.
- Regular company socials - anything from go-karting to clay-pigeon shooting! Strictly no ‘team-building’ torture!
- Employee referral bonus.
- Summer and Christmas parties plus quarterly incentives.
- Company pension
- 23 days holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders
- Monthly one to ones with your Line Manager and Biannual appraisals.
- Free office parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
£32,000 - £38,000 p/a dependent on experience plus benefits.
Are you in?
We’d love to get to know you so please include a funny or interesting fact about yourself in your application alongside either a video-based application or your CV and covering letter.