Finance Assistant 💷
Data-driven, human-inspired content.
Location: Cheltenham with the ability to work flexibly from office/home.
Who & What are we?
We are a multi award winning, data driven, content agency that’s growing fast providing scalable, measurable results for brands navigating ever changing platforms. We think every business deserves smart-thinking, human, targeted content that unlocks possibilities and delivering game-changing results shouldn’t be reserved for the über-brands. And why shouldn’t any brand demand ‘wow’ from their content… whether that’s production, engagement, influencer, unlocking ‘always on’ or discovering new platforms and audiences. We do all of this with our “No Nonsense” process. No smoke, no mirrors, just content that works.
Recently listed in the top 100 places to work, we have offices in London, Manchester and Cheltenham, and we offer a hybrid (and dog friendly) working environment, all we ask is that you’re able to access one of the offices when needed.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected and included. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities and lived experiences.
You might not think that you have all the skills or experience required for this role, but if you like the sound of us please apply anyway as we prioritise culture fit and ambition just as much as what you know already. After all, knowledge gaps can be filled, but you can’t teach personality & attitude.
What will you be doing?
At PinPoint Media, we understand the importance of digital content delivery in today’s world of brand and business marketing. Our data-driven, human-inspired approach ensures that our content cuts through the noise and resonates with audiences, this is where you come in.
We are looking for a diligent, results-driven and talented Finance Assistant to join our fantastic UK Finance & Ops team.
Our environment encourages knowledge sharing, learning, and mentoring as the team grows internationally. As a business, we welcome new thinking, fresh ideas and innovative and different points-of-view.
- Complete daily Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Complete all inter bank account transfers.
- Raise client invoices in Scoro ready for approval.
- Credit control for all outstanding debts and confirming client payment dates before Month End.
- Review all company credit card expenses in Payhawk.
- Review reimbursable staff expenses in Payhawk.
- Input project invoices in Scoro and syncing to Xero.
- Process supplier invoices in Xero.
- Clear the Accounts inbox daily.
- Prepare supplier payment report for onward authorisation.
- Prepare Payment supplier Runs - Input BACS, International and Faster payments imports and instructions onto online banking system for authorisation.
- Respond to all supplier queries in the accounts inbox.
- Sort and merge any duplicate suppliers in Xero.
- Verify bank details of client payments.
- Assist the Finance Manager with ad hoc duties and projects.
- Ensure all postings are completed and ready for Month end.
- Updating the project listing in Payhawk.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years agency experience.
- Experience of working with Xero highly desirable.
- Ability to learn new systems (banking portals etc) essential.
- Numeracy essential.
- Polite and courteous telephone manner essential.
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and quick turnarounds on projects.
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients.
- Accuracy and attention to detail e.g., checking the postings into correct ledgers with supportive narrative.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- High level attention to detail and accuracy.
- Desire to be challenged and open to feedback.
- Able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Use initiative to manage workload.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Clear communicator
- A problem-solver who is proactive, driven, and ultra-organised.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
- Punctual and willing to work hours as required on-location to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Sense of humour.
What’s in it for you?
- Clear progression, training, development & career planning.
- Company annual profit share scheme.
- Joining a growing global agency.
- Proper Flexi-Working & Flexi-Hours.
- Fantastic, friendly, close-knit team.
- Monthly Recognition Scheme.
- Annual awards.
- 3, 5 & 10 year anniversary awards & additional annual leave.
- Regular company socials - anything from go-karting to clay-pigeon shooting! Strictly no ‘team-building’ torture!
- Employee referral bonus.
- Summer and Christmas parties plus quarterly incentives.
- Company pension.
- 23 days holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders.
- Monthly one to ones with your Line Manager and Biannual appraisals.
£27,000 p/a dependent on experience plus benefits.
Are you in?
We’d love to get to know you so please include a funny or interesting fact about yourself in your application alongside either a video-based application or your CV and covering letter.