Events Manager 🎪
Data-driven, human-inspired content.
Location: Cheltenham with the ability to work flexibly from office/home.
Who & What are we?
We are a multi award winning, data driven, content agency that’s growing fast providing scalable, measurable results for brands navigating ever changing platforms. We think every business deserves smart-thinking, human, targeted content that unlocks possibilities and delivering game-changing results shouldn’t be reserved for the über-brands. And why shouldn’t any brand demand ‘wow’ from their content… whether that’s production, engagement, influencer, unlocking ‘always on’ or discovering new platforms and audiences. We do all of this with our “No Nonsense” process. No smoke, no mirrors, just content that works.
Recently listed in the top 100 places to work, we have offices in London, Manchester and Cheltenham, and we offer a hybrid (and dog friendly) working environment, all we ask is that you’re able to access one of the offices when needed.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected and included. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities and lived experiences.
You might not think that you have all the skills or experience required for this role, but if you like the sound of us please apply anyway as we prioritise culture fit and ambition just as much as what you know already. After all, knowledge gaps can be filled, but you can’t teach personality & attitude.
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team to meet an increased demand for virtual, hybrid and live corporate events. We are looking for someone who can own this role and knows the ins and outs of conferencing and corporate events.
You’ll be ambitious, full of drive and as excited about coming up with a creative approach to each project, as you are about the clear and detailed plan for delivering it. You will be responsible for end-to-end planning and delivery of corporate conferences, awards, meetings and celebratory events.
This role requires an exceptional level of client service by pre-empting and managing client requirements, internal resources, working with our suppliers, delivering successful projects whilst maintaining a profitable service and going the extra mile in representing our business.
This role would suit someone with a background in running corporate events in an agency environment, but it's not essential.
- Coordinate and manage conferencing and events for our clients, from point of sale to delivery and beyond.
- Coordinate with venues for timings, catering requirements and vendors, set ups and fit outs, floor plans, payments and negotiate contracts.
- Manage event timelines, deadlines and budgets across different locations.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors, suppliers and entertainment.
- Manage sponsors from onboarding to event date.
- Be the direct point of contact with clients.
- Work with our in-house team to manage and produce venue branding and conference/events materials and collateral.
- Coordinate with speakers/entertainment and issue packs and guidelines, collecting in presentations, bios and photos, etc.
- Coordinate exhibitors including creating sales and logistics packs, coordination of floor plans and spaces, collecting any relevant information and documents, deliveries, main point of contact for exhibit lead.
- Manage and implement guest registration systems.
- Manage award nomination processes and coordinate with judging panels.
- Onsite event management including coordinating crew, checking in guests and venue contact liaison.
- Create and review risk assessments and method statements for venues, crew & guests.
- Raise purchase orders and adhere to invoice and purchasing processes.
- Book travel and accommodation for crew and guests if required.
- Preferably have experience delivering virtual and hybrid events.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years in events and conferencing, preferably in a brand/corporate/agency with a proven track record.
- Customer-centric approach to delivery.
- Meticulous planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients.
- Confident in own abilities and be able to proactively influence clients and manage their expectations.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Seriously high attention to detail.
- Able to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- A problem solver who is proactive, driven and ultra-organised.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
- Punctual and willing to work hours as required on-location to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Sense of humour.
What’s in it for you?
- Clear progression, training, development & career planning
- Company annual profit share scheme.
- Dog friendly offices.
- Proper Flexi-Working & Flexi-Hours.
- Fantastic, friendly, close-knit team.
- Monthly Recognition Scheme.
- Annual awards.
- 3, 5 & 10 year anniversary awards & additional annual leave.
- Regular company socials - anything from go-karting to clay-pigeon shooting! Strictly no ‘team-building’ torture!
- Employee referral bonus.
- Summer and Christmas parties plus quarterly incentives.
- Company pension
- 23 days holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders
- Monthly one to ones with your Line Manager and Biannual appraisals.
- Free office parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Competitive Salary £28,000 - £34,000 DOE p/a plus benefits.
Are you in?
We’d love to get to know you so please include a funny or interesting fact about yourself in your application alongside either a video-based application or your CV, cover letter.