Part-Time Finance Manager 💻
Data-driven, human-inspired content.
Location: Cheltenham with the ability to work flexibly from office/home.
Who & What are we?
We are a multi award winning, data driven, content agency that’s growing fast providing scalable, measurable results for brands navigating ever changing platforms. We think every business deserves smart-thinking, human, targeted content that unlocks possibilities and delivering game-changing results shouldn’t be reserved for the über-brands. And why shouldn’t any brand demand ‘wow’ from their content… whether that’s production, engagement, influencer, unlocking ‘always on’ or discovering new platforms and audiences. We do all of this with our “No Nonsense” process. No smoke, no mirrors, just content that works.
Recently listed in the top 100 places to work, we have offices in London, Manchester and Cheltenham, and we offer a hybrid (and dog friendly) working environment, all we ask is that you’re able to access one of the offices when needed.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected and included. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities and lived experiences.
You might not think that you have all the skills or experience required for this role, but if you like the sound of us please apply anyway as we prioritise culture fit and ambition just as much as what you know already. After all, knowledge gaps can be filled, but you can’t teach personality & attitude.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a part-time Finance Manager to join our rapidly growing content marketing agency. Reporting directly to our directors, this role requires someone who is able to step in and manage both the financial administrative tasks and also provide essential analysis & financial guidance at a pivotal point in the businesses growth.
- Create and share financial reports with clients and suppliers.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Sales team commission calculations.
- Manage credit control.
- Manage input of supplier invoices.
- Be able to respond to financial queries both internally and externally.
- Support on project budgeting and ensuring project profitability.
- Create financial reports and track against targets.
- Run credit checks on new accounts.
- Work with the team to create bespoke billing schedules for new clients.
- Tracking budgets & report on business spending.
- Write purchase orders for suppliers and manage bill approval process.
- VAT return.
- Understanding of R&D tax credits.
- Provide essential reporting to the CEO & COO including cash flow forecast and income/profitability reporting.
- Instil good financial process throughout the business.
- Manage new starter setup.
- Input & manage monthly payroll & expenses approval & recoding.
Skills & Experience
- Candidate must have at least 4+ years experience in a finance role. Accounting qualification is desirable.
- Ideal candidate has some understanding of how marketing agencies function from a financial perspective.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Must be detail-oriented, diligent, and very well organised.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent mathematical ability.
- A problem solver who is proactive and driven.
- Quick learner and confident using Xero & digital platforms.
- Good Excel skills.
- Good understanding of technology in the space, to drive efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and confident in own abilities.
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
- Sense of humour.
What’s in it for you?
- Clear progression, training, development & career planning
- Company annual profit share scheme.
- Dog friendly offices.
- Proper Flexi-Working & Flexi-Hours.
- Fantastic, friendly, close-knit team.
- Monthly Recognition Scheme.
- Annual awards.
- 3, 5 & 10 year anniversary awards & additional annual leave.
- Regular company socials - anything from go-karting to clay-pigeon shooting! Strictly no ‘team-building’ torture!
- Employee referral bonus.
- Summer and Christmas parties plus quarterly incentives.
- Company pension
- 23 days holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders
- Monthly one to ones with your Line Manager and Biannual appraisals.
- Free office parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Half a day Monday-Thursday, or 3 full days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri).
Competitive Salary £35,000 - £40,000 DOE Pro-Rata p/a plus benefits.
Are you in?
We’d love to get to know you so please include a funny or interesting fact about yourself in your application alongside either a video-based application or your CV, cover letter.