Location Cheltenham, with the ability to work flexibly from office/home
Who & What are we?
We are a no nonsense content agency. We say ‘no nonsense’ because we believe that every business should be able to get amazing-looking, hard-working, well thought out content without having to pay the earth or jump through agency hoops. So, we’re direct, agile, cost-effective but also smart and CREATIVE (yes, in caps). We want to tap into the latest technologies, stretch native platforms until they break and create stuff that just makes people go ‘Wow’… because no nonsense doesn’t have to mean dull, right?
With offices in London, Manchester and Cheltenham we’re growing fast and love transforming our clients’ communications.
Who & What will you be?
After a record breaking year, we are looking for someone who will join the team to look after the wellbeing and growth of our team, this isn’t an HR role – this is about making our agency the best possible place to work, learn and grow.
Be responsible for the recruitment of all new talent to the business in line with our recruitment strategy (not outsourcing to recruiters), attracting capable people from a diverse community, ensuring we have a future talent pipeline.
- Develop innovative people retention & engagement strategies.
- Manage the successful on-boarding of all new starters to the business.
- Manage and ensure delivery of our ambitious Diversity, Equality and Inclusion strategy and goals.
- Ensure the wellbeing of our busy and growing team across multiple offices.
- Drive the culture of our Agency through all our offices.
- Develop and implement employee welfare and wellness services.
- Ensure the planning and delivery of our training and development plan for all staff and teams.
- Assist us in meeting our goal of being in the top 100 companies to work for.
- Work alongside managers to deal with any people management challenges.
- Build positive relationships with leaders and teams within the business to improve overall individual, team & organisational performance.
- Manage our reward & recognition scheme across the business including performance management.
- Evolving and tracking key metrics/KPIs to improve visibility on performance and drive decisions to a successful outcome.
- Improve leadership capability through coaching and support.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in successfully recruiting top-class talent for a fast-growing business
- Strong experience in people & culture or similar roles.
- Experience in growing a team in a fast-growth business is desirable.
- Understanding of HR law & policies is desirable.
- Trained Mental Health First Aider is a bonus.
- Understanding of roles and agency life within our field is desirable.
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients.
- Confident in own abilities and be able to proactively influence clients and manage their expectations.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Be a people person.
- Confident in own abilities.
- Able to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- A problem solver who is proactive, driven and ultra-organised.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Great team player with the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
- Sense of humour.
What's in it for you?
- Fantastic, friendly and close-knit team.
- Company laptop & mobile phone contribution.
- Company pension.
- 23 days holiday allowance + bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Development & training.
- Monthly Recognition Scheme & Company improvement scheme.
- Annual awards.
- 3, 5 & 10 year anniversary awards & additional annual leave.
- Guaranteed annual pay rise.
- Regular company socials - anything from go-karting to clay-pigeon shooting! Strictly no ‘team-building’ torture!
- Summer and Christmas parties.
- Monthly one to ones with your Line Manager and Biannual appraisals.
£35,000-45,000 p/a DOE plus benefits.
Are you in?
We’d love to get to know you so please include a funny or interesting fact about yourself in your application alongside either a video-based application or your CV, cover letter and any examples of work.